Friday, May 14, 2010

Vegan Tofu Salad Sammie!



I still have it all over my face. Not ashamed. After seeing a pick of a tofu salad sammie on Sweet Swallows' site I've been craving one hardcore! I recently picked up some Veganese, microgreens, 'super firm' tofu (not 'extra' or 'really really'), and some really deelish grain dijon in preparation.
Oh and let us not forget some of Dave's Killer Bread. Damn it, I love this bread...

I crumbled about 2/3 of my 1 lb. tofu block (you can totally do the whole thing. I was just making sure that if it didn't turn out, I would be wasting the whole block), then threw in one diced green onion, two small (or one big) clove of garlic very finely chopped, some black pepper & kosher salt, lemon juice, 1Tbs. of grain dijon, then blend with a fork.




I constructed my sammie with DKB, the microgreens, and sliced avadacos...
Hands down. Fav sammie. If I could run slow-mo in a field to anything, it would be this.




No comments:

Post a Comment