Monday, May 10, 2010

Master cleanse.... Day..6? Brief food-journey rambling.

So a week into my veganism, I for whatever reason felt the need to cleanse my system, and do this master cleanse that I've read about. It just seemed to make sense to me.

Can I just say, I can't wait until Friday. Friday will be day 10, and I'm done. I just can't understand the people that do it for 40 effing days. WOW. By day three I felt like I was going to go insane. I think I wasn't helping myself by looking through all my newly purchased vegan cookbooks, drooling over recipes.

I dove into some YouTube videos before I started to see what people were saying and, frankly, I wanted to laugh at the people that were shocked that this wasn't a diet, and you gain back all your weight. Well, duh you knob! IT'S A CLEANSE, NOT A DIET! You're resetting your body. Plus, if you read the original text by Stanley Burroughs he talks about transitioning into an animal-product-free diet after cleansing. So these people that just dive back into their meat & potato lifestyle are OF COURSE going to be disappointed! Sorry guys, but you've got it all wrong.

Everyone weighed themselves before starting, I however did not. It's really not about losing weight. Now, that statement right there, is huge coming from me. I've struggled with weight and food all my life. At some point in my life, it's aaaalways been about losing weight. I really took food for granted. Even after being homeless and starving I never really appreciated food. We battled, the food and I. No one ever taught me about food, and how my body uses it, what I need, and what I don't.

Over the past year and a half I've been on this food journey. I feel so grateful that it's brought me here (to veganism). I knew that I wanted to beak the cycle within my family that was this ugly food battle. Now, finally, I feel that I appreciate food, and I know what it means to me and my daughter. Just on a side note, my 4 year-old daughter has been the most amazing partner on this journey! I'm blessed to have a kid that sees trying new food as an adventure.

Oh, Friday. I can't wait until you get here. I see avocados, tomatoes, olives, cucumbers... all tossed in a balsamic vinaigrette in my future. *sigh*

Okay, some Master Cleanse ranting... making dinner for my daughter has been rough hahaha. I made her some KILLER spaghetti and 'meatballs' last night. OH LAWDY! It smelled amazing. I'm surprised it didn't enter my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment